ICND2 Wokingham 24-Oct-2011
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices pt2
53 Fountain Street
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) 640-816 ICND2
Course Title: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices - part 2
Course Code:ICND2 640-816
Duration: 5 Days
Course OverviewThe Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices - part 2 (ICND2) training course is the second part of the Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices course, and follows on from Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 (ICND1).
This course is recommended for those undertaking the ICND2 640-816 exam and provides the essential skills and knowledge required to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network. This includes configuring a switch, router, connecting to a WAN, and implementing network security. On successful completion of this course candidates will be able to install and configure a small branch office network under supervision.
Please note that the successful completion of both ICND1 640-822 and ICND2 640-816 exams results in award of the Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) certification.
Target AudienceCandidates who should consider attending the ICND2 640-816 Cisco training course are System Engineers who install, operate and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network. This course is suitable for individuals new to networking, particularly those who are looking to start their Cisco Career Certification (CCC) accreditation. This course would be highly beneficial for anyone taking either the 640-816 ICND2 or 640-802 CCNA exams.
Course ObjectivesOn successfully completing the ICND2 640-816 course you will be able to:
- Review how to configure and troubleshoot a small network
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking and spanning tree
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot OSPF
- Configure, verify and troubleshoot EIGRP
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network
- Describe when to use NAT or PAT on a medium-sized network, and configure NAT or PAT on routers
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements
Course PrerequisitesCandidates attending the ICND2 640-816 Cisco training course should have passed and attended ICND1 or possess the equivalent work experience. Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching is recommended for those seeking to achieve their Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
Testing and CertificationThe ICND2 Cisco training course is the recommended preparation for the 640-816 ICND2 - Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices - part 2 exam.
Associate Level CoursesThe following is a list of other Associate level courses that we offer:
- Cisco CCNA Security Certification
- Cisco CCNA Voice Certification
- Cisco CCNA Wireless Certification
- Cisco CCDA Certification
Course ContentSmall Network Implementation:
- Introducing the Review Lab
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Improving Performance with Spanning Tree
- Routing Between VLAN`s
- Securing the Expanded Network
- Troubleshooting Switched Networks
- Reviewing Routing Operation
- Implementing VLSM
- Implementing OSPF
- Troubleshooting OSPF
- Implementing EIGRP
- Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Introducing ACL operation
- Configuring and troubleshooting ACL`s
- Scaling the Network with NAT and PAT
- Transitioning to IPv6
- Introducing VPN Solutions
- Establishing a Point-to-Point WAN
- Connection with PPP
- Establishing a WAN Connection with
- Frame Relay
- Troubleshooting Frame Relay WANs
- Lab 1-1: Implementing a Small Network (Review Lab)
- Lab 2-1: Configuring Expanded Switched Networks
- Lab 2-2: Troubleshooting Switched Networks
- Lab 4-1: Implementing OSPF
- Lab 4-2: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Lab 5-1: Implementing EIGRP
- Lab 5-2: Troubleshooting EIGRP
- Lab 6-1: Implementing and Troubleshooting ACLs
- Lab 7-1: Configuring NAT and PAT
- Lab 7-2: Implementing IPv6
- Lab 8-1: Establishing a Frame Relay WAN
- Lab 8-2: Troubleshooting Frame Relay WANs
ICND2 is part of the CCNA Routing and Switching Certification and is valid for three years. To recertify, pass the ICND2 640-816 exam, or pass the current CCNA exam, or pass a CCNA Concentration exam (wireless, security, voice), or pass the current CCDA exam, or pass any 642 - XXX professional level or Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams), or pass a current CCIE or CCDE written exam.
This Website is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco Systems, Inc. CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco IOS, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.