Cisco SECURE Training 642-637
Securing Cisco Routers and Switches
- Course Availability
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security 642-637 SECURE
Course Title: Securing Cisco Routers and Switches
Course Code: SECURE 642-637
Duration: 5 Days
Course OverviewThe Securing Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE) training course has been designed to provide network security engineers with the knowledge and skills necessary to secure Cisco Router and Switch based IOS Software networks using Cisco IOS based security services. Candidates will be able to secure the network environment using existing Cisco IOS Software features and install and configure components of the Cisco IOS Software. Components include the Zone-Based Policy Firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), user-based firewall and secure tunnels using IP Security (IPsec), Virtual Private Network (VPN) technology and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI). Other components include Virtual Tunnel Interface/Dynamic Virtual Tunnel Interface (VTI/DVTI), Group Encrypted Transport VPN (GET VPN), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN and advanced switch security features. The course focuses on the implementation and troubleshooting aspects of the lifecycle services approach as well as adding some elements of the design phase.
Target AudienceCandidates who should consider attending the SECURE 642-637 Cisco training course are internetwork professionals who want to ensure security of their network using IOS devices, anyone seeking to learn the latest features in IOS 15.0 code to evaluate for their production environments as well as internetwork professionals seeking to achieve Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security certification. The CCNP Security certification replaces the CCSP certification and is tuned specifically to the role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer. This course is recommended for anyone undertaking their 642-637 SECURE exam.
Course ObjectivesOn successfully completing the SECURE 642-637 course candidates will be able to:
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software infrastructure protection controls in a Cisco router- and switch-based network infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software threat control and containment technologies in a Cisco router-based perimeter infrastructure
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based WAN
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software remote access VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based remote access solution
Course PrerequisitesCandidates attending the SECURE 642-637 training course should hold valid ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC Certifications IINS is also required and a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS would be advantageous.
Testing and CertificationThe SECURE Cisco training course is the recommended preparation for the 642-637 SECURE exam and is only one of four courses required for the Cisco Certified Network Professional for Security Career Certification therefore FIREWALL, VPN and IPS are recommended for further study.
Course ContentDeploying Cisco IOS Software Network Foundation Protection:
- Deploying Network Foundation Protection Controls
- Deploying Advanced Switched Data Plane Security Controls
- Implementing Cisco Identity-Based Network Services
- Deploying Basic 802.1X Features
- Deploying Advanced Routed Data Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Advanced Control Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Advanced Management Plane Security Controls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translation
- Deploying Basic Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Deploying Advanced Zone-Based Policy Firewalls
- Deploying Cisco IOS Software IPS
- Site-to-Site VPN Architectures and Technologies
- Deploying VTI-Based Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying Scalable Authentication in Site-to-Site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying DMVPNs
- Deploying High Availability in Tunnel-Based IPsec VPNs
- Deploying GET VPN
- Remote Access VPN Architectures and Technologies
- Deploying Remote Access Solutions Using SSL VPN
- Deploying Remote Access Solutions Using Cisco Easy VPN
- Configuring Advanced Switched Data Plane Security Controls
- Configuring Advanced Infrastructure Security Controls
- Configuring Basic Zoned-Based Policy Firewall Features
- Configuring Advanced Zoned-Based Policy Firewall Features
- Configuring Cisco IOS Software IPS
- Configuring a PKI-Enabled Site-to-Site IPsec VPN
- Configuring Cisco IOS Software DMVPN Spokes
- Configuring GET VPN Group Members
- Configuring a Cisco IOS Software SSL VPN Gateway
- Configuring Cisco Easy VPN
- Appendix A: Case Study - Configuring and Verifying Basic 802.1x Features
- Appendix B: Deploying Advanced 802.1X Features
- Appendix C: Case Study - Configuring and Verifying Advanced 802.1X Features
Cisco professional level certifications (CCNP, CCNP SP Operations, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum or pass any CCIE/CCDE written exam before the certification expiration date.
Please note that achieving or recertifying in any of the above certifications automatically extends active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved. For more information, access the Cisco About Recertification page.
This Website is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco Systems, Inc. CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco IOS, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.