Cisco VPN Training
Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions
- Course Availability
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security 642-647 VPN
Course Title: Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions
Course Code: VPN 642-647Duration: 5 Days
Course OverviewThe Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions (VPN) Cisco training course has been designed to provide candidates with the necessary skills and knowledge required to configure, maintain and operate VPN solutions based on the Cisco ASA 5500 Series Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) including: Site to Site IPsec VPN, Remote access SSL VPN.
Target AudienceCandidates who should consider attending the VPN 642-647 Cisco training course include individuals who implement and maintain VPN features on the Cisco ASA as well as those seeking Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Security certification. The CCNP Security certification replaces the CCSP certification and is tuned specifically to the role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer.
Course ObjectivesOn successfully completing the VPN 642-647 course candidates will be able to:
- Evaluate the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance VPN subsystem
- Deploy Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance IPsec VPN solutions
- Deploy Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance Cisco AnyConnect remote access VPN solutions
- Deploy Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance clientless remote access VPN solutions
- Deploy advanced Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance VPN solutions
Course PrerequisitesCandidates attending the VPN 642-647 Cisco training course should hold a valid ICND1 and ICND2 or CCNABC certification. IINS is also required and prior attendance of the FIREWALL course is also recommended.
Testing and CertificationThe VPN Cisco training course is the recommended preparation for the 642-647 VPN - Deploying Cisco ASA VPN Solutions exam which is one of four courses required for the Cisco Certified Network Professional for security career certification and SECURE plus IPS are recommended for further study.
Course ContentEvaluating the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance VPN subsystem:
- Evaluating the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance software architecture
- Evaluating the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance VPN subsystem architecture
- Applying Common Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance remote access VPN configuration concepts
- Deploying basic site-to-site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying certificate authentication in site-to-site IPsec VPNs
- Deploying the Cisco IPsec VPN client
- Deploying basic Easy VPN solutions
- Deploying advanced authentication in Cisco easy VPN solutions
- Deploying the Cisco ASA 5505 adaptive security appliance as an easy VPN hardware client
- Access VPN solutions
- Deploying a basic Cisco AnyConnect full tunnel SSL VPN solution
- Advanced deployment of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client
- Deploying advanced authentication in AnyConnect full tunnel SSL VPNs
- Access VPN solutions
- Deploying a basic clientless VPN solution
- Deploying advanced application access for clientless SSL VPN
- Deploying advanced authentication and single sign-on in a clientless SSL VPN
- Customisng the clientless SSL VPN user interface and portal
- Deploying VPN authorisation, access control and accounting
- Deploying Cisco secure desktop in SSL VPNs
- Deploying dynamic access policies
- Deploying high availability and high performance in SSL and IPsec VPNs
- Deploying a basic Cisco ASA IPsec site-to-site VPN
- Deploying a certificate-based Cisco ASA IPsec site-to-site VPN
- Deploying basic Easy VPN
- Deploying advanced Easy VPN server with certificate-based authentication
- Deploying the Cisco ASA 5505 as a hardware Easy VPN client
- Configuring a basic Cisco AnyConnect full tunnel SSL VPN using local password authentication
- Configuring a basic AnyConnect full tunnel SSL VPN using the local CA
- Deploying the Cisco AnyConnect client with centralised management
- Configuring basic clientless VPN access
- Configuring advanced application access in clientless SSL VPNs
- Customising the SSL VPN portal
- Deploying SSL VPN access policies and authorisation parameters
- Deploying Cisco secure desktop and DAP in SSL VPNs
- Configuring a load balancing SSL VPN cluster
Cisco professional level certifications (CCNP, CCNP SP Operations, CCNP Wireless, CCDP, CCNP Security, CCNP Voice, and CCIP) are valid for three years. To recertify, pass any 642 exam that is part of the professional level curriculum or pass any CCIE/CCDE written exam before the certification expiration date.
Please note that achieving or recertifying in any of the certifications above automatically extends active Associate and Professional level certification(s) up to the point of expiration of the last certification achieved. For more information, access the Cisco About Recertification page.
This Website is not sponsored by, endorsed by or affiliated with Cisco Systems, Inc. CCDA, CCDP, CCIE, CCIP, CCNA, CCNP, Cisco, Cisco IOS, Cisco Systems, the Cisco Systems logo, and Networking Academy are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and certain other countries. All other trademarks mentioned in this web site are the property of their respective owners.